Wednesday, February 27, 2008

King of Kings and King of my heart

This is a submission to The Church of Buckhead. They're planning on the next four weeks to dive into the life and ministry of Jesus up until Easter. The theme they sent me to be the inspiration of the piece said, "Christ built his ministry on selfless love and acceptance." He is truly and honestly the king of ALL hearts that come onto Him with willing minds and devout hearts, forfieting your old self, and renewing your spirit. He's the very throne of my heart and I'd be just flat out lost and blind without Him. This past year walking with Him has been the most joyous year of my life, period. There's a verse the Lord speaks that particularly rings true to me that tugs at me everytime I read it and that's very appropriate for this piece:

Ezekiel 36:26
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

3 comments:

  1. Ralph post more drawings! I miss seeing your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Ralphie, where's your latest work???

    Also, check out this video of Glen Keane speaking about the role his faith plays in his animation: http://discoverychurch.com/media/videoplayer.asp?file=/flv/dc_03_25_07_Glen_Keane.flv&title=Special%20Guest%20Glen%20Keane&pastor=Pastor%20Todd%20Clark&series=n/a

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! That verse is one of the reasons we named our son Ezekiel!

    ReplyDelete